Recycle for your Community is the campaign to support people, schools and community groups in the London Boroughs of Barking & Dagenham, Havering, Newham and Redbridge to recycle more and waste less. The environmental charity Keep Britain Tidy delivers the campaign on behalf of Renewi and East London Waste Authority.
We offer FREE educational sessions and support to schools in Barking & Dagenham, Havering, Newham and Redbridge to increase recycling and reduce waste. Due to the current climate we are offering our Virtual Classroom. Our Education & Engagement Officer offers a range of bespoke activities including:
- > Assemblies to engage and motivate the whole school community about recycling and waste prevention
- > Curriculum linked workshops for EYFS, KS1, KS2 and KS3 on topics such as The 3Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Composting, Marine Storytime, Food Waste etc.
- > Online versions of workshops for EYFS and KS1 home learning
- > Specific waste prevention and recycling projects such as (Re)Love Our Stuff, which enables the easy reuse of children’s clothing with pupils setting up and running their own second-hand clothes shop in school
- > An ongoing programme of educational and practical support to improve school waste and recycling performance
- > Advice and support for schools working towards the Eco-Schools Green Flag, an internationally recognised award for excellence in environmental action and learning
- > Practical support for Keep Britain Tidy’s Great British September Clean and other litter picking activity including the loan of litter picking kits
Workshops can take place at your school or MuRFy’s World, an interactive classroom at Jenkins Lane Reuse and Recycling Centre, open to both schools and community groups. Here you can get involved in sorting recycling on our conveyor belt, create your own reuse craft item and explore exciting reused and recycled items that fill the room.
We offer FREE support to community groups in Barking & Dagenham, Havering, Newham and Redbridge to increase recycling and reduce waste – including Rainbows/Brownies/Guides, Beavers/Cubs/Scouts, youth groups, tenants and residents associations, ESOL groups, Women’s Institutes, places of worship, environmental groups and other interest groups.
Our Education & Engagement Officer can attend your community event with an information stall, speak at your meeting or deliver an interactive workshop to your group on any aspect of recycling and waste prevention, such as:
- > The 3Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- > Composting
- > Reducing Food Waste
- > Fast Fashion and Textile Waste
- > Plastic Pollution
- > Keep Britain Tidy’s Great British Spring Clean
For any enquires about the schools or community programmes, please contact our Education & Engagement Officer:
- Farhana Aktar
- Jenkins Lane Reuse and Recycling Centre
- Jenkins Lane
- IG11 0AD
- 07891 815 068
You can stay up to date with all the latest Recycling for Your Community campaign news for schools and community groups by signing up to our newsletter.
You can also stay up to date with the Recycle for Your Community campaign on Facebook and Twitter. As well as updates from our schools and community programmes, we share information and inspiration about recycling and waste prevention in Barking & Dagenham, Havering, Newham and Redbridge. This includes our Eco-Ramadan campaign to reduce food waste.